Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Belated Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to my blog
Happy Birthday to you.

Can you believe that I only just realised today that I've been blogging for over a year now? Its true - my first post was made on 24 January 2007. I can't believe I let the first anniversary of my blog go by without any comment!

Anyway, I first started this blog post primarily for the reason of exploring the whole web 2.0 thing. You may recall the whole thing was brought on by a presentation from my boss talking about natives and immigrants to technology. I mentioned a while ago that the main purpose of this blog was to give me a forum to rant and rave in - a chance to give voice to my own brand of lunacy.

After a year, I don't think the blog has changed much in scope. Looking at the categories, my favourite topic of conversation is Gerry. This has always been the case and I don't see this changing much in future. In fact, you can expect some more photos of Gerry soon!

My second favourite topic of conversation is video games. Despite the fact that I'm a hardcore gamer, this does surprise me. When I choose a blog topic, I do try to stay away from talking about video games (I save that for my gaming blog) unless it has a broader message I want to make. Looking back at some of my video game related posts, there seems to be a wide range of different posts. I guess you will just have to accept the fact that a lot of posts on my blog will be game related.

I guess the next milestone for my blog will be when I hit 1,000 visits. Currently, I'm at 868 visits which averages out to approx 66 visits per month. Wow - thats a lot more than I would have expected given that this blog is mainly read by family and friends. At this rate, I should hit 1,000 visits in another 2 months (or possibly sooner if I hit the refresh button on my browser a couple more times!!)

No comments: