Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Video from my new camera

Continuing on the theme of my new Casio Exilim, below is a video we took of Gerry using the camera. In it, you can see Gerry counting to 10 before he gets too enthralled with taking apart the PC!

Anyway, the video is another reason I dislike the Casio Exilim. The reason is that the Casio Exilim records video in the Quicktime movie format. However, I don't have a video editor which can edit Quicktime (my previous editor came with my old Canon camera).

Granted, the Casio Exilim does come with a CD which includes a video editor which can edit Quicktime. However, the program (called Ulead Movie Wizard) really isn't very good. In fact, in my opinion, its a piece of shit software which was probably designed to make you buy a different video editor. Coincidentally, on the CD is the trial version of a different, and more powerful, video editor which you can buy. How convenient!

This pisses me off. The software bundled with the Exilim is basically worthless. I know one of my readers is considering buying a small digital camera. Now obviously, I don't know what software comes with the newer Canon cameras - however, based on the software I got with my old Canon, I'm guessing it would be better than the shit I currently have. Based on my experience with the Casio Exilim so far, I would recommend you go with Canon.

By the way, can anyone recommend a free video editor to me?

No comments: