Monday, September 24, 2007

Halo 3

Halo 3 gets released tomorrow. At this point, I guess I should apologise for another gaming related post. However, at this moment in time, Halo 3 is the only thing that occupies my mind - so I guess you'll have to bear with me.

I say it gets released tomorrow - however, it would probably be fairer to say that it gets released tonight. Toys R Us in Harbour City is having a midnight opening tonight so that eager Halo fans can buy the game at the stroke of midnight (and hence technically 25 September) and then rush home to play. Which is actually the first time I've heard of this kind of thing in HK.

You see, midnight openings are very common in the US and in the UK for big games. However, I've never heard of it happening in HK before. To be honest, I wonder how many people will show up at Toys R Us tonight to buy Halo 3. Maybe I'm being harsh on HK people here but the impression I have of the HK market is that there aren't that many people who buy originals (I'm one of the few) as most will buy or download pirate games.

What do you think? Am I being harsh on HK people or is the place really a pirate haven?

No comments: