Wednesday, August 29, 2007

negative review = assault, libel and slander

Not quite sure what to say to this one.

Basically, Stuart Pivar wrote a book (or two). That book was very negatively reviewed by PZ Myers. This results in Pivar filing a lawsuit equating that review to assault, libel and slander.

I had a look at the reviews. To be honest, most of it was beyond my understanding. However, from the little I did understand, it seemed like Myers justified his negative review of the book. On the face of it, it looks like Pivar is disconnected from reality and is just being a jerkass loser.

Normally, in this situation, I would think that there must be more to this than meets the eye. There must be more than those reviews which are causing Pivar to lodge the lawsuit. However, considering the history of frivolous lawsuits in America, I'm not so sure.

As a blogger myself, I hope this gets laughed out of court (with all court costs being borne by Pivar naturally!).

No comments: