Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What would you do?

What would you do if you met a robber and he pointed a gun at the head of your loved one?

I guess this is a nightmare scenario for many people. I figure that this is actually more scary for most people than facing a gun themselves. Its one thing to face death but its something entirely different to see one of your loved ones face death.

In the past, I'm not sure I fully understood this. But after seeing Gerry and seeing how cute and lovely he is, I believe I would be much more scared of someone pointing a gun at Gerry than of someone pointing a gun at me. Or have I just been watching too much Hollywood?

So the question arises, what would I do if I met a robber and he pointed a gun at Gerry?

Obviously, until this situation arises, I will never actually know (and I sincerely hope that I never have to find out). However, I believe that I would comply with whatever the guy wanted. I don't think that I would try to be a "hero" and wrestle the gun from him (just in case the gun went off accidentally).

I will admit though, I had never considered offering the guy a glass of wine.

No comments: