Friday, July 20, 2007

Murder over a game

This is really really sad.

Basically, two brothers were at home playing video games. Apparently, there was a house rule that said that your turn ended after you lost. The older brother lost but didn't give the controller to the younger brother. Not sure what happened after that but it ends with the younger brother stabbing and killing the older brother with a steak knife. It seems this was done in the heat of the moment (the article says that the younger brother was crying that he had stabbed his brother when the police showed up).

I recall when I was younger all the times that I used to fight with my (older) brother. As the younger one, I can tell you that you believe (nay - demand!) you should get equal treatment. For example, I would always demand 50% of any ice cream, soft drinks, games etc. Even though, in hindsight, this was highly unfair to my brother, the thing is that as a teenager, you still feel that the world owes you.

So in one sense, I can understand why the younger brother felt outraged. But to grab a steak knife and stab your brother?

Hey bro - aren't you glad I was a well adjusted kid now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well adjusted? Hmm....

Anyway - don't remember much of the fighting. If you were demanding equal share of everything including food, and considering our age and size difference, then that could explain a few things re: your weight... ;p

Bro