Monday, June 25, 2007

Phuket

Sarah and I enjoy going to Phuket. We have been here several times now and the reason we keep coming back is the great weather coupled with the great massage. And seeing as I'm currently in Phuket, I'm sure you can understand why I'm in such a good mood right now. :)

We are staying in the Holiday Inn hotel in Patong beach (arrived here last night). This is our preferred hotel in Phuket (tell you why in a moment) and we have been here several times before.

So what have I been upto? To be honest - not much. Just loitered around the place and enjoyed the weather. What do I intend to do while I'm here? To be honest - not much. I intend to loiter around the place and enjoy the weather. :)

Anyway, there are 2 reasons we enjoy staying in Holiday Inn. The first is Sam's Steak and Grill. One of the restaurants in the hotel is a steakhouse. The steaks are from Australia and are pretty good quality. The place is not as good as Ruths' Chris. However, its a heck of a lot cheaper so I really can't complain.

So we went to Sam's last night. I had the lobster bisque, T-bone steak with peppercorn sauce and profiteroles for dessert. The soup was really nice - very strong flavor and a couple of chunks of lobster too (at least, I hope it was lobster!). The steak was good - juicy with a nice texture. Unfortunately, the profiteroles were slightly disappointing as the chocolate sauce was too thin. Still - a nice meal all around.

After dinner, we went out for a walk and wandered over to Lets Relax - the second reason we enjoy staying in the Holiday Inn. Lets Relax is a chain of massage parlors in Thailand. The place is decorated in a similar style in all of the chain stores I have been to and it is very clean and comfortable.

The massage is great. Whats even better is that the massage parlor is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. A nice relaxing massage followed by a quick walk back to the hotel and bed. Heavenly.

No comments: