Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Many Americans too fat to commit suicide

This article is so hilarious that I just had to share it.

If you have never heard of it, The Onion is a fake news site which contains satirical articles on US culture. To be honest, I don't normally read The Onion. I don't know enough about the daily happenings in US to appreciate the humor in the articles there. However, this article is so well written that even though I don't know the background to the article, I still find it funny.

The best quote, about dieting, is at the end of the article: "If they mistake their all-but-meaningless improvement for a legitimate reason to live, their fat, revolting lives may be prolonged indefinitely."

:D

Maybe its simply a result of me being raised in Britain but I have always enjoyed sarcastic humor (and us Brits do sarcasm so well). I wonder - does this come through in my writing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

huh.. strange text :))