Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The health benefits of obesity

Based on a new study in the US, obesity appears to increase your chance of living longer if you have heart problems. Some of you are probably thinking "hey, good news for Jokemeister then!". However, this is actually really shitty news for me.

The thing is I'm fat. I know I'm fat. So does everyone else. However, I'm not so fat that I would be considered obese (I think - or should that be I hope?). Which puts me in a strange position.

I'm fat enough that it affects my health. That is, I'm fat enough that the risk of me developing a heart problem increases. So in that respect - I'm too fat. However, I'm not obese - so in the event that I do develop heart problems, I don't have the "advantage" of having an increased chance of living longer. So in that respect - I'm not fat enough.

So what should I do? The obvious choice is to go on a diet and lose weight. However, that sounds too much like work. So what does that leave me with?

Not sure to be honest. In any event, I think its time for me to get some dinner.
:)

No comments: