Monday, April 23, 2007

Geox

Today, I'm going to blog about shoes (strange topic, I know!). In particular, Geox shoes.

For those who have never heard of Geox, they sell a type of shoe with holes in them. Now, before you get all snippy on me, I am aware that all shoes have holes in them. The holes I am referring to in this case are at the bottom of the shoe.

Geox have a patented technology which allows your shoes to "breath" by way of holes in the bottom of the shoe. The shoes are designed in such a way that the insole absorbs sweat and then releases it as water vapour through the holes in the bottom of the shoe. The holes are big enough to allow water vapour out but are too small to allow water droplets in. Hence, your feet can "breath" (ie get rid of humidity in your shoes).

Anyway, I recently bought a pair of Geox shoes. I thought I would try this new groovy technology out to see if it really worked. Since I bought them, I have used them several times. Most noticably when I play squash.

As regular readers know, I occasionally play squash on Monday evenings. After my squash game, I change back into my street clothes without showering - which basically means sweaty feet back into my shoes. With the new Geox shoes, I thought this would be a great way to test out this new patented "breathing" technology.

I am very happy to say that based on my own experience, the shoes really do breathe! Every night, by the time I get home, I am still drenched in sweat. However, my feet are relatively dry. Obviously, they aren't completely dry (that's asking too much!) but they are definitely less humid than they were when I was wearing my old "normal" shoes.

The shoes themselves aren't cheap so I don't intend to replace all my shoes with Geox shoes. Particularly because, due to the technology, I can't replace the soles of the shoes or put in other insoles into the shoes when the existing ones get worn out. However, there are definitely situations where these types of shoes become very useful.

Definitely thumbs up from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you reminded me of something - many years ago I bought a pair of really bad shoes which absolutely cannot breath. My feet felt really really hot and uncomfortably shortly after I took them. I dumpped them some point in time....