Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chuen Kee Seafood Restaurant

Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to Jokemeister!
Happy birthday to me!

Today is my birthday. At the end of the day, I'm another year older!

In celebration, we went out to Sai Kung and my wife treated me to an expensive seafood lunch at Chuen Kee Seafood Restaurant. The place is meant to be really famous and when we got there, we noticed lots of photos of different celebrities eating at the place. Surprisingly, I even recognised some of them!

As with all the best seafront restaurants in HK, we headed outside the restaurant and chose which seafood we would eat. Then we got some recommendations on how to cook them from the restaurant before we confirmed the order. When the seafood arrived, it was delish! As you can imagine, it was beautifully fresh and sumptuously cooked!

The highlight of the meal would be the scampi. Whenever I have had scampi in HK before, I have always been disappointed. For some reason, the scampi in HK is generally not very nice. I'm not quite sure how to describe it - but it just doesn't taste as nice as the scampi I used to have in the UK.

However, the scampi today was exceptional. It was very large (unlike the other HK scampi I've had) and the meat taste and texture was excellent.

After we finished the seafood, we had a nice long wander around the pier enjoying the sea air. After a nice stroll (wherein we had to keep a constant eye on Gerry as he kept chasing the dogs!), we headed over to Moon Kee Dessert. For those non-HK readers, Moon Kee is a very famous local brand dessert shop which originally started in Sai Kung and has now spread out over HK.

All in all, good service (though a little slow) and some great seafood followed by a leisurely stroll around the pier and finished off with a delicously fattening dessert.
:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you! Happy birthday. I don't know it was your birthday. Otherwise we'll go to a nicer place in Beijing and treat you a more fattening dinner.

Jokemeister said...

haha - that's precisely why I didn't say anything. I'm already too fat and need to lose weight as it is!

Besides, I really enjoyed the Beggar Chicken! Was really nice and I've never had it before.

Anonymous said...

Wah - so busy I forgot it was your b'day - anyway, happy belated one bro. Next time I see you, I'll buy you a cake (at the same place where you'll be buying me my brownie...) ;)

Bro

Jokemeister said...

hahaha :D

Don't worry - I haven't forgotten about the brownie! You just worry about finding the best place to buy a good one.
:)