Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Apologies for the late post - didn't get home till very late last night and was too tired to post.

The reason I was out so late was because my wife and I, for no particular reason, decided to go out for a nice meal. As we hadn't had steak in a while, we decided to go to Ruth's Chris Steak House - my favourite steak joint. Admittedly, I haven't been to every steak house in HK - but of the ones I have been to, Ruth's Chris is far and away the best.

The steaks there are juicy, succulent, tender and have a great beef taste. In addition, when you ask for your steak medium rare, they actually deliver the steak to you as medium rare! You will be surprised at how many restaurants can't even do this simple thing.

So, last night, we went with the set meal. I ordered a 16oz New York Strip (hey - long time no steak!) which was delish. As I mentioned above - juicy, succulent, tender and a great beef taste!

As part of the set meal, we also got an apperitif, a soup (cream of tomato - very smooth and creamy - delish!), desert and tea/coffee. The desert was originally meant to be ice cream. However, we paid extra and I upgraded to the creme brulee. The creme brulee, as with everything else in Ruth's Chris, is superb. It is very smooth and creamy.

All in all, a superb meal. If you are looking for fabulous steaks and don't mind paying through the nose, you really can't go wrong with Ruth's Chris Steak House.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it Chris Ruth's???

Bro

Jokemeister said...

Nope - its definitely Ruth's Chris. Apparently, the restaurant was originally called Chris Steak House.

It was bought by Ruth and renamed to Ruth's Chris Steak House.