Monday, March 5, 2007

Beijing Kao Ya!

People who know me know that I like eating (or to use a more appropriate term - stuffing my face!).

One of my fav foods is the Peking Roast Duck. I love a nice Peking Roast Duck - nice succulent meat, crispy brown roast skin, onions and sweet sauce all wrapped up in a soft pancake. Yum. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Which makes me very happy that I finally get a chance to travel to Beijing today. In fact, this post is brought to you via my Palm Treo 650 (again) as I am currently at the airport. This is also my very first trip to Beijing so I am very excited!

Luckily, I have a friend in Beijing who says that he knows a really good place for Peking Roast Duck. I've been told that most of the local restaurants in Beijing do a Peking Duck for the local customers - and as a result, most people from Hong Kong don't like them (due to different taste preferences). However, my friend assures me that I will like the restaurant he is taking me too. :)

I wonder which restaurant he is taking me too? According to Wikipedia, there are 2 restaurants in Beijing which are famous for doing Peking Roast Duck. One is called Quanjude and the other is called Bianyifang and both have a history of over 100 years!

Most probably, we are going to neither of them. Either way, look forward to another restaurant review on Wednesday!

No comments: