Saturday, March 3, 2007

Papa razzi

Wow - posting quite late today. The reason is that I'm only just back from dinner. I went out for dinner today with a group of old friends. Basically, we meet up 4 times a year - once for each of our birthdays.

We went to a restaurant called Papa razzi, located in Knutsford Terrace in TST. Knutsford Terrace is basically a strip of multinational themed restaurants. There is a huge variety of different foods available there including Italian, Chinese, Turkish, Aussie grill, Oyster bar etc. There is even a cigar bar there.

Papa razzi, as you can tell from the name, is an italian restaurant. Very limited pizza selection - mainly focusing on primo and secondo piatti. The place is quite expensive - we paid HK$970 which didn't include any wine. Having said that, the food is very nice (not the best pasta I have ever had but still nice).

For starters, we had some garlic bread - which arrived hot from the oven (very nice) - together with some deep fried seafood (antipasto portion). This was followed by ravioli (I'm not a huge fan of ravioli but the birthday girl wanted to try some as she had never had ravioli before) in a mushroom sauce, seafood pizza and a fillet of beef wrapped in bacon.

Of the above, the only thing I was disappointed with was the fillet of beef. We had asked for the beef to be done medium. However, when it arrived, it was probably closer to medium to well done - which was a shame as I think the beef was just a bit too dry. Other than that, we were very happy with the food. The ravioli was soft but firm (like good pasta should be in my opinion). The pizza was thin crust obviously as they were trying for an authentic italian style and it was crispy and quite juicy at the same time.

The service was good - very friendly staff. Although maybe a bit too friendly as I got a hug from the waiter! How come waitresses aren't that friendly?
:)

I have to say, despite the price, I would go back - which I guess is the acid test for any restaurant. Thumbs up!

No comments: