Monday, February 5, 2007

Technology - always works!

Just a quick post today.

I'm actually writing this post on my Treo 650 as I'm currently on the way to the Airport. Need to fly to Shanghai for a couple of days on a business trip. As I'm typing away, I am also listening to music (Andrew Lloyd-Webber) on my ipod nano.

Just in case you haven't guessed - although not quite the living embodiment of gadget boy, I love technology. Which makes it all the more annoying when it breaks down.

My PC broke down yesterday. It hasn't died (yet) but it definitely needs some CPR. The problem seems to be with the CPU fan. The PC works fine if I just leave it running. However, when I tried to run some more intensive software, the whole PC suddenly turned itself off!

Never one to take a subtle hint (or any kind of hint for that matter!), I immediately turned the thing back on. I was greeted by a cacophony of beeps as the PC went through its bootup. I was also greeted with an error message saying "CPU tempurture is overheat". Being the cunning individual that I am, I promptly set about decoding that cryptic message into English!

My uneducated bumpkin guess is that the fan on my CPU broke down and isn't working. Hence leading to the CPU overheating when pushed into any serious action. Unfortunately, as I'm going to be traveling for a while, it looks like I will have to wait before I can take my PC to get it serviced.

Lucky for me, I can still blog from my Treo.

2 comments:

kkch said...

Good for u; in fact I can do MSN, Yahoo messenger, gmail and yahoo mail at home using my Palm and the wifi network.

but without a keyboard it is not too efficient.

Kenneth

Jokemeister said...

Yeah - the advantage of the Treo is that it comes with its own keyboard. Although small (obviously), it is still easier to type on the Treo than it is to use the Palm graffiti software.

Very important when you are writing a large block of text for a blog entry.