Thursday, January 31, 2008

Game video addiction - part 4

You are probably surprised by the fact that there is a part four to this video game addiction thread. To be honest, so am I. However, the threads of fate have pulled me back to a topic for which I had originally intended part three to be my last post.

When I completed my one week moratorium on video gaming, I was understandably happy. After all, last week, I was able to prove that I could still control my craving for video games. This week, the only thing I was able to prove was that I can't control anything.

After my absence from video games, the sudden reintroduction of Mass Effect was a real system shock. Like a starving man invited into a buffet, I gorged myself at the feast which lay before me. Indeed, if there was some kind of food force measure, my high score would top all!

And now, after what feels more like ninety-nine nights, my sleep deprived brain needs rest before I get admitted to a sanitarium. After all, its getting to the stage where I suspect my subconscious is deliberately putting g6me references into everything I do...

No comments: