Friday, October 12, 2007

Serves ya right, ya cheating scum!

I'm back! Sorry for not posting on Wednesday but it seems that Shanghai has blocked my blog. As I said before, I probably need to be nicer to the Chinese government! :)

Anyway, for those of you who watch football, you will have no doubt heard about the Dida incident. For those of you who don't watch football, you can check out the YouTube clip below to see what I'm talking about.



Basically, during the Celtic vs AC Milan match, Celtic scored a (very) late goal which put them in front. As you can imagine, the Celtic fans went wild. A little too wild as one fan runs onto the pitch. Said fan then runs upto Dida (the AC Milan goalkeeper) and taps him on the cheek/neck. Dida then starts to give chase before realising that someone touched him and then dramatically collapses onto the floor. He is then stretchered off the pitch while holding an ice bag dramatically to his head (ie not where the fan tapped him).

Now, just in case there is any doubt - I think the actions of that fan are deplorable. He has been banned for life from Celtic games and will also appear in court. He is getting his punishment for his rash actions.

However, the actions of Dida are, in my opinion, even worse. The playacting by Dida is cheating - plain and simple (and also farcical - can you believe this guy had to be stretchered off!!). And luckily, UEFA have agreed as they have given him a 2 match ban. And in my opinion, the cheating scum got what he deserved.

Some people may consider the ban to be excessive especially in light of the fact that diving for a penalty (which is also cheating) only warrants a yellow card. I don't care - I have always deplored cheats and I have always wanted people to be punished severely for cheating.

Especially in situations like this. I think Dida knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that Milan were going to lose that match and he deliberately cheated in an attempt to get the match abandoned so that Milan could either replay the match or get a win by default (especially as this isn't the first time this has happened so there is precedent).

Dida - you should be ashamed of yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - I laughed so hard when I saw his pathetic attempt at acting.

I'm really surprised that he thought he could get away with it - he should have known that the cameras would have picked it up.

Idiot....

Bro

Jokemeister said...

Yeah - I think you're giving him too much credit when you said he "thought" he could get away with it.