Monday, May 28, 2007

Sporting Heaven/Hell

Today marks the first day in what will likely be a week from sporting heaven/hell. First off - fair warning to those who don't like sports - you may want to skip the blog entries for this entire week as they will all be sports related.

So why do I call this week sporting heaven/hell? Well, this week, I finally get to have a game of badminton. I haven't played badminton in about a year - ever since I sprained my ankle (and this doesn't count!). By the time my ankle got better, the club I normally play at was full so I couldn't get back in. Ever since then, I have been in badminton limbo, lost in the desert of the interweb, screaming futilely in my blog at anyone who will listen about how unfair life is etc etc etc.

How come I finally get to play badminton? Well, one of my friends has been in the club all along. He is going on holiday this week and so I can take his place for a week. Just goes to show that he hasn't been on holiday in a year! Luckily for me, his girlfriend is part of the same club (but on a different day). As they are going on holiday together, I get to take her place for a week as well! Cool huh?

So if I finally get to play badminton, why am I describing this week as sporting heaven/hell? Why all the melodrama and need for this long post? And why am I asking myself so many questions? And while I'm at it, do I know why I'm here - what my purpose in life is???

Sorry - got a bit carried away there.

Anyway, the reason that I also call this week sporting hell is because after doing very little exercise for a year, playing 3 days of sport in 1 week may very well kill me! I just finished an hour of squash today (luckily, it wasn't particularly strenous). I will have 3 hours of badminton tomorrow followed by another 2 hours of badminton on Friday.

Lets hope I'm still around to blog next week!

No comments: