Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean

Sarah and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End last night. Which is surprising when you consider that we never actually went to see either of the first two films.

Despite not seeing the first two films, I knew enough about the plot to understand the bigger picture of what was happening in this movie. Having said that, you have to give credit to Hollywood writers sometimes. Watching the movie last night, it would have been enjoyable and still made sense even if I hadn't known the back story - a credit which goes solely to the writers in my opinion.

Anyway, the movie was funny (Johnny Depp at his unique best if you ask me) although the action sequences were a bit cliche (Still, it is a Disney production so I guess this is to be expected). Actually, considering how funny Johnny Depp is, it really makes me want to watch the first 2 films in the trilogy as well.

By this point, I guess most of you are wondering why we paid good money to see the third film in a trilogy if we hadn't seen the first two. Well the answer, my dear Watson, is elementary. We didn't.

We got the tickets as part of our Companies SRC (Social and Recreation Club). Occasionally, the SRC actually organises something which I'm interested in. Although to be fair, it was Sarah's idea. I wasn't that eager at first (as I hadn't seen the first two movies) but Sarah really didn't want the opportunity to watch a free movie pass by. In hindsight, its lucky that she insisted we go see it.

In unrelated news - :(

No comments: