Thursday, January 25, 2007

Please! Take away the pain!!

I am SO tired!

My calf, thigh and forearm muscles are killing me! On a side note, can you believe that my anatomy knowledge is so bad that I had to look up those terms - disgraceful!

Some of you will be wondering why (I mean why I'm tired - not why I had to look up those terms). Others already know or can guess. To provide enlightenment to those who don't know (while giving me something to write about on this blog), here is what happened.

I played Squash (anticlimatic ain't it!).

We booked 2 squash courts for 1 hour each. Originally, we had a group of 6 people coming so it was going to be a nice relaxing game of squash. A chance to run around and let out some steam. I don't normally play squash (prefer badminton) but I was looking forward to todays game. The main reason being that in squash, you can hit the ball as hard as you like - after imagining it is the face of someone you don't like >:). You can't do that in badminton otherwise the shuttle will just get knocked out of bounds. Of course, you are free to imagine the shuttle is someone you don't like (although I wouldn't recommend this in case you hit the shuttle too hard).

Those who play squash regularly now know from the above statement that I am no good at squash! Before anyone slams me in the comments section, I do know that squash isn't just hitting the ball as hard as you can. However, as I'm crap at squash, thats basically all I can do!

Anyway, back to the story. Although we had an initial group of 6 people, for various reasons, our group of 6 got knocked down to 3. Ouch - there goes the calf muscles.

Of course, being the eager beavers that we are, we all went to the court early and in fact were ready to play 30 mins before our allocated time slot. As such, we decided to start playing early as there was an empty court. Double ouch - there goes the thigh muscles.

Due to our rotation policy (or lack thereof), I ended up playing for 1hr 30 mins. Non. Stop. Triple ouch - there goes the forearm muscles. Ding ding ding - Striiiike 3 - You're out!!!

So now I feel like I am about to collapse. Just in case my boss is reading this - now you know why I am on sick leave tomorrow!

So whats the moral of this story? After all - all good stories have to have a moral (for some reason, I can hear children singing "And the moral is" - and if you get this reference, I will buy you a brownie!). Anyway, the moral of todays story .....

..... Old men should know better than to pretend they are young!

No comments: