Thursday, August 12, 2010

Banoffee pie

Banoffee pie is a deliciously decadent dessert from the UK. And if you have never had one, then you are truly missing out on one of life's great indulgences. Of course, if you have never had one, then you will have no idea what I'm talking about so let me enlighten you.

This is a banoffee pie:

In essence, it is a biscuit base (although the original recipe uses a pastry base) with a layer of dulce de leche, banana's and lashings of whipped cream topped off with chocolate shavings.
Yum!


Here you can see a side view with the soft caramel oozing onto the plate. Although hard to spot, there is a layer of banana's under the cream.

And below, proof of the delicious nature of this world famous pie.
:)

Look - even the people on the TV wanted some!


Gerry caught in the act of snarfing some down.


Even little Gordon, so often left out of family activities, managed to get some!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You experimenting again I presume?

Looks nice, though a little too much cream for my liking.

Then again, never was much of a dessert person!

Jokemeister said...

Trust me - once you have had the banoffee, you won't mind the cream as it fits the overall dessert beautifully.

Plus, it has fruit so I can claim I'm being healthy while I scarf it down.
:D