Friday, March 28, 2008

Gerry and the bubble blower

And so we reach the final part of Gerry's Easter vacation!

I mentioned last time that we took Gerry to Stanley. Before we went to Stanley, we went to Toys'r'Us and bought a bubble blower. Nothing fancy - just the cheap version which you have to blow manually (admittedly, I much prefer this version. I see some really fancy bubble blowers in the shape of a gun where all you do is press a button. Quite frankly, whats the point? Surely its much more fun to blow the bubble yourself?!).

Anyway, Gerry really loved the bubble blower. At first, he had some trouble blowing bubbles as he couldn't line up his mouth properly. However, after a while and a bit of guidance from his mother, he was soon blowing bubbles like a pro!




And a quick video of Gerry running around, blowing bubbles and then trying to burst them. He so cute!




What you don't see in the video is another older boy who wanted to play with the bubble blower as well. The other boy was slightly older and taller than Gerry but quite broad in the shoulders. At first, he would run after the bubbles to try and burst them as well and he crashed into Gerry (or vice versa) a couple of times during this. Naturally, Gerry always came off worst in the encounter as he was smaller. However, Gerry would always grin and stand back up to continue chasing bubbles.


Harmless enough right? Not quite. I noticed that the other boy wasn't just running into Gerry - he was actively, yet surreptitiously, sticking out a hand to push Gerry over! The first time I noticed this, I asked him to stop. However, he chose to ignore me. As they were running around chasing bubbles, I saw the other boy run up behind Gerry and try to push him over again. Just like before, he tried to do this very sneakily and pretend that it had nothing to do with him.

Naturally, I wasn't going to stand for this. I grabbed the other boy by the arm and pulled him aside. I then gave him my patented Jokemeister grimace (and if the expression looks familiar, it's because I practice that snarl by looking in the mirror and pretending I'm constipated...) and growl at him:

"I already told you not to push my son. Don't do it again. I will not warn you a third time. Do you understand?"


The boy gives me a frightened look before stammering out "yes". As I let go of his arm, I can't help but smile as he immediately runs off while yelling out "Mommy!".

Of course, the funny thing is that this kind of threat really only works on small children. Anyone smarter will know that there is nothing that I can do - I mean, its not like I'm gonna beat up a 3 year old kid now am I!!

Still, he doesn't know that does he.
>:D

No comments: