Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Off to BJ

You would think, after my previous post wherein I came to terms with the fact that HK is now my home, that I would actually spend some time there. Instead, I find myself gallivanting off to Beijing again for another business trip despite the fact that it is freezing cold in BJ at the moment. Luckily for me, its also dry so it doesn't feel as cold as it does in say, HK.

I guess I should also be thankful that I can at least access my blog here (its not always the case - sometimes my blog is blocked in China).

Unfortunately for me, my friend in BJ (the one who took me to all the nice restaurants I blogged about before) is currently in HK. Nice timing right! The typical Jokemeister luck holding true to form!

Luckily for me though, I have more than 1 friend (my, aren't I popular!). The guy is currently in BJ on a 3 month secondment to learn to read/write Chinese and I'm going to meet him for dinner tomorrow night. He's been here for a couple of months already so he is going to suggest a venue for dinner.

I can't wait to see where we are going to go and see what new dishes I will get to chomp on.

Mate - if you are reading this, I just want to say that there is no pressure regarding the venue. Having said that, the other restaurants in BJ that my other friend took me to were VERY nice.
:)

No comments: