Friday, December 7, 2007

Back home in HK again!

Back home in HK again - hoozah!

So as I mentioned in my last post, I was out for dinner with one of my friends last night. He took me to a local restaurant near our office for which I can't remember the name. My friend described it as a "mom & pop" store so I was completely unprepared for the crowd of waiters and guests waiting for seats when we got there!

The restaurant itself is famous for claypot rice and aluminium wrapped chicken wings. Considering how cold it was in BJ, we decided that claypot rice was definitely called for and ordered some spare ribs claypot rice, chicken wings and some veg.

The claypot rice was quite nice. In some ways, its very similar to the claypot rice that you can get in HK with the exception that the claypot up here is a lot bigger - basically, portion sizes being for 2 as a minimum.

The chicken wings were very good. They were individually wrapped in aluminium foil so the juice had been very well preserved. The sauce used to cook the chicken was also really tasty but for some reason, I can't escape the feeling that I've had that flavour of chicken wing before. Or if not before, then a very similar flavour. A little bit like soy sauce but mixed with something else.

All in all, it was a good night out (decent food, cheap price!) and a chance to catch up with my buddy.



And now - quiz time! I have in front of me right now a product with the following warning sign on it - "It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

I'll give a brownie to anyone who can guess what that product is!

No comments: