Monday, June 2, 2008

Sinks - au revoir

As you know, the Airline industry in the US isn't doing particularly well. In fact, many airlines are actively trying to find new income streams or new ways to cut costs. Which brings us to Horizon Air.

Short version - on a recent short haul flight in the US on Horizon Air, the washrooms didn't have any sinks. All it had was a bottle of hand sanitizer.

Ewww.

The thing is, the US is big. Big enough that if I ever did go, I would likely go to more than just one city/state. In other words, I would likely be taking short haul flights around the US at some stage. And to be perfectly honest, just the thought of washrooms without sinks is giving me the heebie jeebies.

To be fair, I don't know if any other airlines have also adopted this policy. For all I know, Horizon Air might be the only one. Still, hearing about stuff like this isn't exactly filling me with confidence.

No comments: