Thursday, September 2, 2010

Werewolves

Short post today as I'm linking to entries on someone elses blog which are really worth reading.

In my travels through the interwebz, I sometimes come across some really interesting stuff that I wish I had the time to partake in. The online forum game of werewolves is one such circumstance as it sounds like a perfect mix of paranoia, psychology and dumb luck.

If you want to know what Werewolves is, then you should check out this post which gives a good introduction to the rules while also giving you a pretty good gameplay example. And if you have the time, I seriously suggest you read the gameplay example (which lasts for a couple of posts).

The level of paranoia, downright sneakiness and all round back-stabbing which goes on during a game of Werewolves sounds deliciously delightful. It also convinces me that I would be an awful Werewolves player as I would probably be way too trusting. Probably a good thing that I don't have the time to get involved in a game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite an interesting read. Wouldn't mind giving it a try but sounds like you've got to be quite engaged so don't think I've got the time

Jokemeister said...

I know exactly what you mean. Part of me would love to give it a go. However, I know that I wouldn't have the time to properly engage and keep track of who voted and when they voted and what they said etc etc etc