Monday, September 27, 2010

Liverpool 2 Sunderland 2

Dear oh dear oh dear.

I have to admit that recent performances from Liverpool have been unbelievably poor. And when I say poor, I don't even mean the fact that we have shipped 3 goals to both Man Utd and Man City. The fact is that in the Prem so far, the only team that Liverpool have beaten are WBA - and even that was only by 1 goal. And to be honest, if it hadn't been for that freaky first goal, we might not even have had a point from this game.

I don't want to hop onto the bandwagon that is already calling for Hodgson's head as I still think that he should be given more time. Hopefully, things will eventually "click" and the results will come. However, if things don't click soon, we may well find ourselves in the relegation zone as October brings some tough fixtures.

Okay, granted, the first match in October is against Blackpool at Anfield which Liverpool should really be winning. However, after that, we go up against Everton, Blackburn and then Bolton. All three of these sides have shown in prior years that they are not easy sides to beat (although you have to wonder what happened to Everton this year) and if Liverpool continue to play as badly as they have been, a defeat against all three sides is not as far fetched as I would once think.

So far, the only positive this season has been the fact that we have been able to score goals (Stevie G FTW!!!). Still, my pitiful performance in FM2010 doesn't seem so bad now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Performances have been terrible. I was totally against the sacking of Rafa - Hodgson does not inspire much confidence, especially with his bigging up of the opposition.

Jokemeister said...

Yeah, I have to agree that Rafa shouldn't have been sacked. Ultimately though, you could see it coming as he never really seemed to get on well with the owners (and despite what you or I may think of them, they are still the ones in control - for now, anyway).