Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm a competitive jerkwad

Did you know that I'm a competitive jerkwad? Also, can you believe that I didn't realise this until only recently (I would be interested in comment on this - does anyone else think that I'm very competitive?).

This revelation was a real surprise to me as I always believed, or rather thought that I believed, that it was more important to participate and have fun and that whether you won or not was not important. The reason I found out is because I have a profile in Facebook. Now some of my friends have huge profiles where they have so many applications installed that it takes over 5 minutes just to load the profile page! This seems to me to defeat the purpose so I deliberately keep my profile page relatively clean and indicative of my interests.

This means that I deliberately ignore most of the application requests I receive (such as werewolves, vampires, petrolhead, hot potato etc etc etc etc etc). However, recently I received a movie quiz challenge!

Now, in my head, I know that the movie quiz challenge works just like every other application in Facebook. Someone played around with the movie quiz and invited me to take part as well. However, the way that it was worded really got to me.

"Friend X challenged your movie knowledge on a quiz called Movie Poster Quiz. Friend X's score was xx%. Can you beat Friend X score?"

This is a great message. I wasn't just invited to take part in the fun. I was challenged to beat his score! At that moment, the competitive jerkwad in me rose up and threw aside all rationality. I had to take that quiz! I had to answer that challenge! And I had to WIN!!

And I did! mwuhahahah.

And now, I've just been challenged to a movie knowledge quiz on the original Star Wars. Can you believe that someone challenged me (no less than a jedi knight on the Jedi vs Sith application) to a knowledge quiz on Star Wars? mwuhahahaha- I shall crush the fool!

I am lion - hear me roar!!

Update: The Star Wars movie knowledge quiz is crap. The pictures don't load. This is especially frustrating for the last question which asks you to identify a character based on the picture - except that the bloody picture doesn't load!! Guess I'll just have to guess it!

Update 2: Crap - I guessed wrong. Very frustrating as that was the only question I got wrong!

No comments: