Thursday, February 26, 2009

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Recently, I've been watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars animation. Its basically an animated series set between episode 2 and 3 of the Star Wars saga. As with the recent Star Wars movies, George Lucas is the "genius" behind it.

Having watched a couple of episodes, one thing is blatantly clear. The show is, without a shadow of a doubt, intended for kids. Everything which was bad about Episodes 1-3 of the movies shows up here. Stupid as f$&k robot army - check. Ridiculously simple plots - check. Annoying kid who is always right unless there is a moral point involved - check. Jar Jar Binks - check.

Sigh.

That's right - Jar Jar Binks pokes his annoying little head out of the woodwork. Why on Earth would you put that fuckwit into this? I mean, at this point, considering how hated that Gungan is, its as if Lucas is deliberately trying to piss off all the Star Wars fans . To be fair, I haven't actually seen him yet (I was told about his appearance) but just knowing that at some point, I have to look at that flipping muppet really makes me want to stop watching.

Do you know what the sad thing is though?

I will be watching anyway. Despite all the crap Lucas has put us through, everytime I hear the snap-hiss of a lightsaber, I can't help but feel a nerd thrill run down my spine.

I know - sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Star Wars... classic until George screwed up with 1-3.

BTW: seen this from Weird Al? Hilarious! He wrote most of the lyrics before the film came out - just got the plot from online discussions and hints. Pretty bloody accurate if you ask me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gi4Nt_xxg&feature=related

Anonymous said...

And also check out this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPsfaQRcbk&feature=related

Jokemeister said...

yeah - Weird Al has got some great songs. I've got a lot of his albums but none of his recent stuff - hard to get hold of in HK, unfortunately.
:(

For the Yoda song, it was based on a song called Lola which was pretty funny in its own right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMsnqQHOwFg