Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blueberry cheesecake

With Gordon now 1 month old, we recently had some friends over to visit and say hi. Seeing as we were going to have guests, I decided to embark on another culinary adventure and bake a blueberry cheesecake.


Here you can see the finished product. It's basically a New York cheesecake with blueberries and sweetened sour cream on top.


Here is a closeup of the blueberries. I used apricot jam to get the blueberries to stick in place which is why the berries all look orangey in colour.

Although the taste of the cheesecake was okay, the texture was a little off. It was a bit too light and not "solid" enough for a cheesecake. I suspect part of the reason was that I used Cream Cheese Light instead of normal cream cheese. Still, at least the taste was okay.
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one. I see you're branchjing out from choc brownies. Looks pretty good I must say.