Thursday, January 29, 2009

The new family: a moment in time

Update: I have also uploaded this video to Youtube just in case you wanted to watch in full screen mode (don't know why I didn't do this in the first place!)



Some more pictures of the family - this time in a funky video format!



Some notes:
1) If you listened to the entire video, then my apologies (and condolences) for the assault on your ears!
2) In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have chosen Bad Day by Daniel Powter. I'm more of a bass/baritone myself and this song is just a bit too high in tone for me. You can tell that I'm really struggling.
3) The reason I did choose this song is because of the message of hope and love despite all the shit that happens (eg dirty nappy changing, lack of sleep, time spent in hospital, lack of time playing video games! etc.)
4) If you have never heard this song before and don't understand point 3 above, then I highly recommend you go watch the music video. Its a beautiful song and you can find the music video here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is ... thank god there's a volume control ...

:):):)

Btw: nice vid - what software did you use?

Jokemeister said...

I use Pinnacle Studio Plus version 11. You can find the company's website here - http://www.pinnaclesys.com

The company bills Pinnacle Studio as the "#1 consumer video editing solution." No idea if that is true or not but they certainly charge you as if they are! I bought the software in retail in HK and paid over HK$1,000 for it (although this price did include an external video capture card).

The product itself seems to be well supported. In addition to the basic program, they also offer loads of extra content that you can buy. In fact, if you go to the company's website, you will find they are currently promoting their winter theme.

I've never actually bought any of the add on packs but they do seem to be quite high quality.

The program itself seems to be really powerful. In this video, I only used very very basic functions and it still came out quite good. If you go back and look at my Spain holiday video, you will see me using some of the more advanced functions (I say advanced, but to be fair, I've only scratched the surface of what it can do).

Obviously, it is consumer software so it won't be as powerful as the tools professionals use. Still, considering my own skill level, it is more than adequate for my needs.