Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brain transplant

As I'm sure you know by now, I recently bought a new PC. However, this left the question of what to do with my old PC. Well, rather than let it go to waste, I decided to cannibalise its brain. The surgeon is in da house!


Here you can see my old PC. As you can see, I've already made my first incision and the innards have been opened up!


This is the new home for the brain of my old PC. I've already opened up the packaging and it is ready for the transplant.


Here it is - the brain of my old PC. A 250GB Maxtor HDD.


You can see the new home of the brains of my old PC in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Meanwhile, on my spanking new Dell (with a picture of Ashley Williams posing in the background), you can see that that the memories of the patient remained intact after the operation.


Congratulations Doctor - the operation was a success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read "brain", I thought you meant the processor - I was wondering how you were going to find a use for it.

Interesting to term the hard drive as the brain - I guess in terms of the "memories" but its not doing much "thinking" is it?

Jokemeister said...

hahaha - I knew that you would pick up on this.

As you say, the HDD doesn't do much thinking. However, in terms of coming up with an equivalent body part, I couldn't think of anything else that would fit.